by: ArtInAppleS Ltd. Kremelska 13 845 03 Bratislava SLOVAKIA Phone: x42-7-362-889 fax: x42-7-777 779 EMail: email@example.com
Distributor for Germany: ARS NOVA Software GmbH Stettener Strasse 32/3 73732 Esslingen a.N. Germany Phone: x49-711 3704001 Fax: x49-711 3704001 EMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Languages: Objectworks\Smalltalk by ParcPlace Systems, Inc.
Platforms: Unix, PC Windows, Macintosh
Features: - Fully implemented in Objectworks\Smalltalk (ArtBASE is delivered with source code)
- ArtBASE extents Smalltalk of persistency. Persistent objects are handled the same way as transient objects.
- Optimistic and pessimistic concurrency control.
- Transactions, including long lived transactions
- User concept with access restrictions
- storing of classes and methods in the database - entire applications may be stored in an ArtBASE database, including the data AND the application classes
- Currently, a single user version is available. The Distributed Multi User Server Version will be presented at the OOPSLA'93 at Washington D.C. in September 1993 for Unix environments and PCs.
- Existing applications can be turned to database applications very easily using ArtBASE
This document was translated by ms2html v1.8 on 04.06.96.